Theme 1 - Investing in Economic Infrastructure
1. The Role of State Owned Enterprises in Infrastructure Development
Vuyo Kahla, Group Executive, Office of the Group Chief Executive, Transnet
2. Public Private Partnerships in South Africa
Taz Chaponda, Head, Public-Private Partnerships Unit, National Treasury, South Africa
3. Investing in Economic Infrastructure: the Role of Development Finance Institutions
Alex Rugamba, Coordinator, The infrastructure Consortium for Africa
John Nellis, Center for Global Development, February 2006. "Back to the Future for African Infrastructure? Why State - Ownership Is No More Promising the Second Time Around".
Theme 2 - Fiscal Policy in Commodity Based Economies
1. Commodity price trends and the NEPAD SDP
Paul Jourdan, former CEO, Mintek and Godwin Punungwe, Advisor, Transport Infrastructure, NEPAD Secretariat
2. Maco-economic effects of high primary commodity prices
Paul Collier, Director, Centre for the Study of African Economies, Professorial Fellow of St Antony's College, University of Oxford
3. Chile's fiscal policy framework
Olga Fuentes, Senior Advisor, Ministry of Finance
4. Mozamique's experiences in managing the import of commodities in an environment of rising commodity price
Dr. Jaime Mantaje and Dr. Gisela Suca, National Planning and the Budget Directorate, Ministry of Finance, Mozambique
Collier, P. January 2007. "Growth Strategies for Africa" A paper prepared for the Spence Commission on Economic Growth.
Collier, P. January 2007. "Managing Commodity Booms: Lessons of International Experience" A paper prepared for the African Economic Research Consortium, Nairobi.