The Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI) is an intergovernmental organisation of Ministries of Finance and Budget from across Africa, which provides a unique platform for peer exchange and learning amongst senior public finance managers. CABRI is a catalyst of country-led reforms and understands that local context matters.
CABRI would like to recruit a Junior Communication Consultant to support the communication and marketing of its programmes and activities. The incumbent will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager and provide administrative support to the communications and marketing team. Editing, writing and uploading company materials will be an important part of the job. The duty station will be the CABRI secretariat offices in Centurion, South Africa.
2. Duties of the consultant
The consultant will be expected to produce the following deliverables, among others:
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Projects coordination and follow-up
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. website content, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Take pictures and video recordings when needed
- Assist and support the communications manager during events (may require travel)
- Prepare presentations and reports
3. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- At least one-year experience in a junior position as part of a communications and marketing department
- Proficient in MS Office and content management systems is a plus
- Ability to use content management systems and social media professionally
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound project management and organizational skills
- Strong command in English is essential whereas fluency in French and/or Portuguese will be a definite advantage
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field is desired
4. Period of contract
The duration of the contract is for an initial period of 6 months beginning November 2018 (subject to negotiations with the successful candidate). Renewal of the contract will depend on job performance and availability of resources.
5. General Information
All posts will be advertised on an equal opportunity basis and qualified people are encouraged to apply.
- A monthly remuneration is offered within the range of R8,000 – R15,000 dependent on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Employment will be on full-time basis, and the contract will be for an initial period of six (6) months.
- The performance criteria that will be used to assess the performance of the consultant at regular intervals and based upon which the contract may be continued or terminated is the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of delivering on the Scope of Services, Duties and Responsibilities and Deliverables of the assignment.
Send your application to:
Attn: CABRI Ludovic Froget, Communications and Marketing Manager E-mail: Ludovic Froget (firstname.lastname@example.org) Southdowns Ridge Office Park, Corner of John Vorster Drive and Nellmapius Drive Centurion – 0062
Closing date: 27 September 2018