The Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI) is an intergovernmental organisation of Ministries of Finance and Budget from across Africa, which provides a unique platform for peer exchange and learning amongst senior public finance managers.
The Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI) is an intergovernmental organisation of Ministries of Finance and Budget from across Africa, which provides a unique platform for peer exchange and learning amongst senior public finance managers. CABRI is a catalyst of country-led reforms and understands that local context matters.
CABRI would like to recruit an Events Coordinator to support the Events Manager in the planning, organising and execution of CABRI events.
2. Duties of the Events coordinator
The Events coordinator will be expected to produce the following deliverables, among others:
- Identify the requirements and expectations for each event.
- Undertake research and provide recommendation on suitable service providers
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders during the event planning process.
- Deliver on logistical arrangements in the run up to an event, including booking of flights, securing accommodation and airport transfer, planning side events etc.
- Professionally and timeously respond to enquiries and requests by participants
- Prepare participant lists, logistics notes, name badges
- Provide onsite support including setup, registration and preparation of meeting packs
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Prepare post event evaluation forms and capture results for internal distribution.
- Support the Events Manager in executing his/her duties in the run up and during an event.
- Perform general administrative duties, including:
- Coordinate and schedule team meetings and internal workshops
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence where required
- Store, file and retrieve documents and reports as and when needed
3. Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A minimum requirement of a relevant recognized NQF level 5 qualification
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant event coordinating experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French/Portuguese will be an advantage
4. General Information
The duration of the contract is for a period of three years.
All posts will be advertised on an equal opportunity basis and qualified people are encouraged to apply. Employment will be on full-time basis.
While applications for the position close on 22 November 2019, we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Should you not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org