The Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI) is a peer learning network of ministries of finance and planning in Africa. CABRI is a catalyst of country-led reforms and understands that local context matters.
CABRI would like to recruit a PFM specialist to support its work in the Building Public Finance Capabilities (BPFC) programme.
- Support the formulation and implementation of CABRI’s strategic plan pertaining to the BPFC Programme.
- Contribute to the design and execution of the workplan, which includes in-country work, research, case studies, media production, workshops, capability building and other peer learning activities.
- Conduct outreach and network-building as well as engagement with external partners.
- Build and manage relationships with international organisations and actors working on public finance management issues
Programme implementation: support to country reforms, research and communication
- Provide policy advice and support various country teams, of senior budget officials, to address locally identified and complex PFM problems.
- Conduct and/or coordinate data analysis and policy-orientated research. The research will specifically focus on aspects of institutional capabilities for effective public finance management in Africa.
- Contribute to and/or write reports, blog pieces and other knowledge products to disseminate CABRI’s work and communicate its activities and results.
- Contribute to discussions at seminars and conferences linked to the programme activities.
Work stream Management
- Provide support to the management of projects and the administration of the programme including management of learning platforms, inputs to budget, fundraising and reporting activities.
- Develop concepts and terms of reference for specific components of the workplan, acting as client to consultants or researchers.
- Coordinate service providers, and support preparation, processing, and administration of consultants and technical services contracts/agreements.
- Liaise with and support CABRI partners to provide support in the design and implementation of PFM reforms around the issues of institutions and capabilities.
- Coordinate and provide support to other CABRI programmes as needed.
- A graduate degree in economics, public administration or related area
- Relevant professional experience of at least 2 years working within or with central government ministries in developing economies. Experience in public financial management is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and French is essential
- Experience in conducting research and an interest in public sector institutions, public financial management and Africa.
- Excellent analytical, writing, facilitation and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive projects, tasks of various sizes, from small to complex.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside CABRI.
- Willingness to travel, mostly in Africa.
3 Years. Commencing 1st of February 2021 until the 31st of January 2024.
Interested candidates must submit their resume and cover letter in English to Joana Bento, Programme Manager for Building PFM Capabilities and Frejus Lingue, PFM Specialist, at the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the position close on the 11th of December 2020 and interviews will conducted in January 2021.